5 Sea Star Guest Reviews
Nestled in the centre of this Amazing Development is Your SPACIOUS ONE LEVEL Beautifully appointed Townhouse. An easy 5 Min. walk through The Tanglewood Vacation Rental Development to the WARMEST SEA and SOFT SAND BEACH North of California. Families will love the FULLY EQUIPPED GOURMET KITCHEN with Granite Counters, Stainless Steel Appliances and Gas Range, In Suite Laundry, BBQ, TVs with DVD Players, FREE WiFi and Local Calls. Come to Tanglewood Beach Homes and experience all that we and Vancouver Island have to offer.
A haven of tranquility and sophistication, a place to sit back and soak up the seaside atmosphere...
An Easy 5 Min. Walk takes you to the private Tanglewood Beach access and onto the magnificent stretch of wide, sandy beach of Rathtrevor Beach adjoining Rathtrevor Provincial Park... Drink in spectacular ocean sunsets... Swim, Beachcomb, Fly a Kite, Build a Sand Castle or Just Sun Bath all day then have a Bon-Fire on the Beach at Sunset! After a fun filled day Relax in your
1,250 sq. ft. 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1 Level (KING MASTER BEDROOM Townhome) The Master King Bedrooom is tucked quietly in the back. A 2nd Bedroom with Queen, 3rd Bedroom with Twin beds, AND LIVING ROOM WINDOW DAY BED (sleeps 6)
Private fire pit on the beach for Tanglewood guests. Available when there are no fire bans. One of the best parts of Vacationing in a temperate rain forest area is that Winter can be so fun with a roaring fire and Marsh Mellows or Hot Dogs on a stick.
First rate golf courses within minutes, and for the Little golfers, Riptide Lagoon mini-golf is a 5 Minute walk and great fun for all ages.
Many famous Day Spas are located in the area
Parksville is an ideal location to explore Vancouver Island 1 Hour North to the Comox International Airport. 15 Min. North to Qualicum Beach, 30 Minutes South to Nanaimo and BC Ferries, 2 hours South to Victoria and 3 hours to Victoria International Airport.
- Quiet FOREST VIEW
- KING MASTER BEDROOM tucked at the back with 4 PIECE EN SUITE Bath, SOAKER TUB, Glass Enclosed Shower and HEATED TILE FLOORS
- 2nd QUEEN BEDROOM
- 3rd BEDROOM TWO TWIN BEDS
- 2nd BATHROOM includes a Glass Enclosed Shower and HEATED TILE FLOORS
- Open concept and FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN, Living Room and Dining Area Seating 6
- Full Size Stainless Steel Appliances
- GRANITE Counter Tops
- Kitchen Island with Seating for 3
- FLAT SCREEN TV in Living Area
- Corner GAS FIREPLACE in Living Room
- GAS BBQ located on the COVERED STONE PATIO with Patio Table (4)
- FREE password protected WIFI, CABLE and local calls on house phone
- In Suite LAUNDRY
- MAXIMUM 2 VEHICLES per guest party (guest parking available)
- PARKING for 1 Vehicle in designated parking area (2nd vehicle must be parked in guest parking)
- Easy 5 MINUTE WALK to the BEACH
- Bonfire permitted in designated Areas
- Summer Swimming and Beachcombing in the WARMEST OCEAN WATER NORTH OF CALIFORNIA
- SOFT SANDY BEACH
- Professionally Landscaped Yard with Stone Pathways and Private Patio Areas
- Next door to Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park
- Tax on Rental Rate
- Departure cleaning Fees apply regardless of length of stay
- 1 Small Dog Considered (under 20LB)
- Pet Fee $125.00
- Non-Refundable Damage Deposit Waiver
- 30% of the Rental is due on Reservation. The full balance is due, and appreciated 60 days prior to arrival
- If Cancelled, funds are only refunded if the same dates are re-booked, less a $100/Admin charge
- Check in time is after 4pm - Check out time is 11am
- Stays longer than 14 Nights will require a mid-stay clean
- Dining, Shopping, Arts & Crafts, Children’s activities, Outdoor adventures and Water Sports
- Black Goose English Style Restaurant and Pub located next door to Tanglewood Resort
- 7 Golf Courses located within the Parksville and Qualicum Beach area - Brigadoon, Pheasant Glen, Qualicum Beach, Morningstar, Fairwinds and Arrowsmith Golf and Country Clubs are all within an easy 25 minute drive
- Walk to Riptide Lagoon Adventure Mini Golf or a 10 minutes’ drive to Paradise Adventure Mini-Golf - Two world famous mini golf courses, bumper boats, games pavilion, café, ice cream and gift shop. 15 Minutes to Nature Mini gold and Waterslides at Riverside.
- Grotto Spa at Tigh-Na-Mara, Parksville - Easy 15 min. walk along the beach or along paved sidewalks through the forest. One of the best Spa’s in North America.
- Indoor Pool and hot tub at Beach Acres Resort - Available for a daily fee located next to Tanglewood Beach Town Homes, Parksville
- Grocery Stores in Parksville: Quality Foods, Thrifty Foods - Naked Naturals (less than 10min Drive)
- Tanglewood Vacation Rental Homes are adjacent to Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park - Camping, Walking Trails, Bon Fire Pits, Picnic Tables and Boardwalk along the Ocean.
- Parksville Beach Festival is a World Famous Annual Sandcastle Competition. The Sandcastles are left on display in the Community Park which hosts over 150 different events annually! Water Park, and Play Park, Picnic Tables, Ice Cream, Sports Fields, Curling arena and Boardwalk along the Beach
- Horne Lake Caves (Spelunking), Cameron Lake (water sports) and Spider Lake (swimming) are within a 30-45 min drive
- Cathedral Grove – Some of the trees are more than 800 years old and 9 metres around 20-45 min drive.
- Coombs Country Market a short drive - 9 km (Famous for the Goats on the Roof)
- Tiger Lily Farm near Coombs - Great for the entire family
- Morningstar Farm/Little Qualicum Cheeseworks - Meet Animals, Watch milking and cheese making, meet winemaker and sample world class cheeses and wines or take a guided/self-guided tour
- Englishman River Falls located in Arrowsmith - 20 km from Parksville – Spectacular waterfalls in a lush forest.
- Lighthouse Trail located to the north of Qualicum Landing Resort – Wheelchair friendly and great for off leash dog walks.
- Strathcona Provincial Park can be accessed from Courtney (- 50 Min) – Huge park provides hiking trails for all levels of experience
- Mt. Washington Alpine Resort located 1.5 hours north
- 20 Minutes to Qualicum Beach
- BC Ferries from Vancouver to Nanaimo (Hourly in the summer) - 30 Minutes to Nanaimo/ 40 Minutes to Nanaimo Airport
- Comox International Airport – Direct daily flights from Alberta (1 hour drive) - 60 Minutes to Comox/ Comox International Airport
- Comox Valley - 60 Minute Drive North (Big Box Stores, Movie Theatres) Comox International Airport 1 Hour and 10 Minutes)
- Victoria International Airport – Direct daily flights from all N. America (2.5-3 hours’ drive)
- 2-2.5 hours to the Capital of British Columbia - Victoria
|Dec - 2018|
|Jan - 2019|
|Feb - 2019|
|Mar - 2019|
|Apr - 2019|
|May - 2019|
|Jun - 2019|
|Jul - 2019|
Seasonal Rates* Rates are subject to change without notice. Pricing excludes taxes, additional options and fees.
|Vacation Rental Standard Pricing||Night||Weekly||Monthly||Min Nights|
|Autumn - Winter||$179||$1,074||$1,790||2|
ReviewsWrite a Review
When it is time to start planning that family holiday there are few places better to explore than Vancouver Island’s Oceanside Region. Geographically situated just north of Nanaimo, Oceanside comprises the region from Nanoose Bay up the eastern coast of Vancouver Island to Deep Bay. The area’s population of approximately 25,000 is primarily centered in Parksville and Qualicum Beach although there are many great family attractions in the smaller communities of Coombs and Errington. It won’t take long to discover why few destinations can equal Oceanside as an all-round family getaway. http://www.visitparksvillequalicumbeach.com/
Sing a Song of Sand Dollars
This particular region of Vancouver Island boasts long wide stretches of sand perfect for discovering sand dollars, sea stars, crabs and the occasional jellyfish. With 19 km (12miles) of beautiful sandy beaches it is hard to imagine feeling crowded even on the hottest of summer days. In Parksville, the Community Beach features a terrific beachside playground and water park. When the tide is in, it is here that the warmest waters north of California are found. Endless days could be spent playing, relaxing, digging, exploring, building and picnicking on these beaches. Travel tip: Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen.
To Market to Market
The Coombs Old Country Market isn’t just a place to buy vegetables. On the Alberni Hwy in Coombs, the Market has been around for over 30 years. While it started as a produce stand it has grown to encompass so much more. While there is still a produce section, the market is known for its unique gift items and its atmosphere. Here you will find an ever-changing supply of unique and interesting wares. Of course, the goats on the sod roof are a big part of the fun too. Travel tip: Extra parking and a nice quiet café are up the road behind the Market.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Just a few kilometres (miles) from the Old Country Market, witness a caterpillar’s metamorphosis at Butterfly World. There are at least 400 butterflies everyday in this tropical oasis. Each week new pupae arrive from different locations throughout the world. They are hung in special mesh or glass enclosures so that visitors can see the butterflies emerge prior to being released to fly freely throughout the humid, tropical environment of Butterfly World. One of the special features of this flighty kingdom is that the butterfly’s entire life cycle can be viewed. With careful observation visitors can see eggs, caterpillars and for those with enough patience, butterflies laying eggs. Travel tip: wear bright colours.
Baa Baa Black Sheep
Tiger Lily Farm is an Errington petting farm that has progressively grown into what it is today: a hands-on experience for kids of all ages. Aside from petting sheep, chicks, bunnies, ponies and calves, children also have the opportunity to collect freshly laid eggs. The slightly more adventurous can try their hand at milking a goat. The goat’s milk is bottled and then fed to the calves. Travel tip: A farm is a farm; bring a change of footwear.
Where the Wild Things Are
Also in Errington is the North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre. The staff on this eight-acre site provide rehabilitation to ill, injured or orphaned wildlife, such as bears, owls, falcons, ferrets and eagles. A self-guided tour takes 15,000 visitors each year through a virtual outdoor museum of West Coast animals. The 43m (140ft) long eagle flight cage allows a close up look at these powerful birds. Travel tip: Adopt an animal at http://www.niwra.org/ before you go, and receive a free entry pass.
By Marci Bulloch
Sizzling Summer… Mile High Chairlift Rides, lift accessed Mountain Biking, Alpine Hiking and Eco-tours, Conference, Banquet and Wedding Facilities. White Winter…Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding on 1600 acres of steep and deep, Night Skiing and Snow tubing 50 km of Cross Country Trails, Snowshoeing.
Riptide Lagoon Miniature Golf
Riptide Lagoon offers two challenging 18 hold themed courses. Play through “Wandering Willie’s” snug little harbour, have your picture taken with the “Catch of the Day” and enjoy an ice cream on the patio. Bring the whole family and experience mini golf at its finest. |
Strathcona Provincial Park
Designated in 1911, Strathcona is the oldest provincial park in BC. You can access some of the best boardwalk hiking trails from Mount Washington to some of the best swimming lakes on the Island.
French Creek Marina
We purchase our wild salmon directly from local fishermen, ensuring that we always have the freshest, most sustainable seafood available. The French Creek Seafood Market always carries a wide variety of sustainably harvested, fresh local seafood, including Sockeye Salmon, Pacific Halibut, Pink Salmon, Spot Prawns, Coho Salmon and Albacore Tuna. Our MSC-monitored facility was recently awarded the MSC Marine Stwardship award for sustainable fishing practices, an award that we're highly proud of. French Creek Seafood is also EU Certified French Creek
Seven Wonders of Oceanside
Local Parksville and Qualicum Beach region residents and visitors alike were encouraged to vote for the attractions they felt best represented the truly unique experience of our region between August 1 and August 31 of 2007. These 7 attractions offer something for everyone and should be on your don’t miss list. For a CALENDAR OF EVENTS visit here.
Horne Lake Caves
Spelunking is an exhilarating family or extreme adventure. Guided tours are available all summer. Wear good shoes and bring a sweater as the temperature inside the caves is much cooler. http://www.hornelake.com/
Milner Gardens and Woodlands
60 acres of woodland and 10 acres of garden surrounding a heritage house. Afternoon tea is served from 1-4 pm. www.mala.ca/MilnerGardens/
The Aquarium at The Landing Restaurant
Watch Pacific Ocean sea life up close. This 27,000-liter aquarium mesmerizes diners. www.pacific-shores.com/the-resort/restaurants.php
The Boot at Paradise Adventure Golf
Miniature golf and bumper boats are great summer fun. Soft serve ice cream and arcade games just add to the family fun. http://www.paradisefunpark.net/
The Old School House Arts Centre
A heritage building home to three galleries. The gift shop showcases over 100 Vancouver Island craftspeople and paintings by local artists. http://www.theoldschoolhouse.org/